My entry for Kainsword's "Seigi-Senshi Captain Japan" Kaijin design contest. Not *too* impressive as far as what I'm capable of, but considering I drew this in class today (technically yesterday, as it's nearly 1 AM now), I'll use it. Brushpen-inked.
Note that in the picture, the Mindspore is NOT to scale with Grador itself. The 'full grown' Grador as shown in this picture is about 20' long from the top of its shoulders to its tail-tip. Judge height based on that.
Name: GradorDalParah (Though it's simpler to just call it Grador)
Type: Semi-sentient Plantoid Mutant, Biomaterial-Absorber
Bio: When mysterious objects fall to Earth with no discernable source, it's always only a matter of time before meddling scientists find, collect, and prod said mysterious objects in their labs in hopes of gaining knowledge beyond that which is known to the sad little blue planet. Unfortunately, the armored sphere they found, studded with eyelike growths, was a hibernating seed of an interstellar menace, locked away and deprived of nutrients by an advanced race. Upon trying to subject the sphere to a large dose of X-rays, in hopes of trying to see inside its otherwise inpenetrable carapace, it promptly came to life and sought the closest form of nourishment: the scientists. A red-alert was triggered, and the building evacuated and locked down, but not before the organism had devoured five scientists, using the materials of their bodies to create its own, meshing human flesh with its own plant matter. It drained as much energy from surrounding independantly-powered equipment as it could, until the scientists tried to gas it... unfortunately, the poisonous fumes only strengthened the abomination, feeding its own acidic blood and allowing it to eat its way out of the facility, unleashing it upon the unfortunate general public.
- Blood initially a rash-inducing irritant, became a corrosive acid when it absorbed the poison that the scientist attempted to gas it with. It is immune to its own acid.
- Armor is incredibly tough, though not invulnerable. None the less, it's impervious to heat, and extremely slick, causing most solid projectiles or melee strikes to glance off.
- Very rapid healing, which is only boosted when it feeds. It can continue to grow when provided with enough biomatter to devour and add to itself.
- Triple Vise (Grador clamps its handjaws and tailjaws on a victim, immobilizing them and causing piercing/crushing damage)
- Noxious Haze (Breaths a nausea-inducing gray-green fog, which is thick and coating, making it dangerous to the eyes.
- Corroding Gnaw (A bite with the main mouth, the two 'side jaws' are connected to the bloodstream directly and can inject Grador's corrosive blood into a target)
- Mindspore (The large jaws on Grador's shoulders house a large amount of needle-like organisms called Mindspores. Grador is, for the most part, nonsentient, but if it attaches a mindspore to a target, it gains that target's intelligence for the duration of the Mindspore's attachment. This intelligence stacks, so Grador can attach Mindspores to multiple people and gain their collective intelligence. Mindspore-attached targets are also susceptible to be mindcontrolled by Grador, who often uses Mindspore-attached people to communicate, which is something it cannot do on its own. Grador can only mindcontrol one person at a time. Mindspores cannot be removed by conventional means, and will only fall off of their own accord when Grador is desroyed.
- Unbridled Sun (Grador absorbs electromagnetic waves, from UV, to light, to radio, to X, etc. to use for power. Because of Earth's abundance of all of these wavetypes, Grador forms a surplus of power, and can transform any extra energy into concentrated heat-blasts, which are fired from the optics in its 'hands' and tail. While these can be used in small bursts to knock around and burn opponents, Grador will often wait for a breaking point and then release a very large, lethal blast of concentrated heat from all three 'cannons' at once. A single blast of this can potentially melt a car into slag within seconds. The downside of using a large blast is that Grador requires some time to cool down, and becomes susceptible to attack)